iPhone 7 – What You Ought To Know About The Headphones
When Apple eliminated the headphone jack from iPhone 7, there was a real panic among the iPhone users. Apple made it clear that the users need not panic because lightning sockets replaced headphones. This change in iPhone has created a lot of confusion. Do you want your doubts to be clarified? Go ahead.
Headphone features of iPhone 7
- It does not have 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The bottom part has only one opening, the lightning port.
- The lightning port is similar to that of iPhone 5. This port is used to charge iPhone 5. It is also used to sync with the iTunes in your desktop or laptop.
- The same lightning port is used to charge iPhone 7 too. What does this mean? It means that if your headphones are connected to the lightning port, you cannot charge your phone.
- Apple has made this change because it believes the audio quality delivered by lightning port is better than audio quality delivere4d by 3.5mm headphone jack.
Ear pods and not headphones
Ear pods of iPhone 7 are the same as the headphones of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. The only difference is the lightning conductor. The ear pods have a microphone and also built in buttons.
Can you use your old 3.5mm headphones?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. The answer is ‘yes, you can’ but you have to use a separate adaptor. The good news is that iPhone 7 is sold with this adaptor. All you have to do is to plug the adaptor into the lightning port. Then, connect your headphone to the adaptor. Now, you are ready to listen to your favorite music through your old headphones.
What about Airpods?
Apple made an announcement on the introduction of Airpods. This is the main reason for confusion among the users of iPhone7. What are Airpods? They are wireless earbuds and are Bluetooth headsets. Its unique feature is that they are wireless and there is no connecting wire between the two ear buds.
The best thing about Apple Airpods is that when you connect it to your iPhone 7, iCloud will automatically sync it with all other Apple devices. You should note that the Airpods are not sold with the phone. You have to buy this accessory separately.
Can I use Bluetooth headphones?
The answer is ‘Yes’. The benefit of using Bluetooth headphone is that you can leave the lightning port free for charging your phone. The good news is that you can use your ol